I am running a new Precision 5450 laptop. It comes with 32GB of memory, i9 CPU @ 2.30GHz processor. Unfortunately, the fan is running fairly consistently with the main culprit looking like “System Process”.
Switching to Quiet mode seems to have improved the fan.
You could also try the following steps to resolve the issue:
Update the all firmware and drivers:
1. Download and install Dell Command | update from https://www.dell.com/support/article/en-sg/sln311129/dell-command-update?lang=en
2. run and update through the app - Dell Command | update
3. Reboot and monitor the Fan again
Set your Thermal Setting to Quiet
1. Download and install Dell Power Manager from https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=h2vh9
2. Open the Dell Power Manager > Thermal Management > Under Thermal Setting, choose Quiet
3. Reboot and monitor again
4. Let us know again if the laptop temperature is too high after the changing.
Update comment with your recorded email address.
Do not disclose your personal information here.
You can express your appreciation and support by make a little donation.
Visit the donation page
Got question? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org