Convert MBT to GPT using Diskpart utility
Maximum storage capacity
2TB (upto 4TB for NTFS)
No disk capacity limitation
All Windows and Windows Server versions from Windows NT to Windows 10 and Windows Server 2019
Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019
Easy to configure with no security features
More prone to errors because the boot records are stored on the same partition
Less prone to errors and data recovery is possible as CRC information is stored in a separate partition.
1. Open the Run dialog (Windows key + R), type diskpart and click OK
2. Then type diskpart and press Enter
3. Run the command list disk.
4. Run the command select disk X (X being the number of the MBR disk you want to convert to GPT). This selects the required hard disk.
5. Run the command convert gpt. This will convert the target to GPT.