Fix outlook exited without closing outlook data file error
Error: `Microsoft Outlook` exited without properly closing your Outlook data file. `Microsoft Outlook` must be restarted. If this error message recurs, contact support for assistance.
Method 1: Open Outlook in safe mode and check:
1. Close Outlook.
2. Click on Start< All Programs< Accessories< Run
3. In Run window and type outlook /safe
If you are able to work with Outlook without any problem then the issue might be due to add-ins. In order to disable the add-ins follow the steps given below:
4. In Outlook, click on File< Options< Add-ins.
5. Under Manage select COM Add-ins.
6. Click on GO options beside Manage, uncheck all unnecessary add-ins and click Ok.
7. Try to open Outlook and check if it works fine.
Method 2: Scan the PST file for errors:
Refer the link mentioned below and run the Inbox Repair Tool to scan the PST file and check if it helps:
Note: Ensure to run the scan PST till you get the message No errors found.